Are you looking for something new to do this weekend? Check out our guide for must-visit spots on campus and in Tucson!
Attend Cats After Dark Events
Cats After Dark offers a wide variety of events after 8pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Attend an outdoor movie screening, go to Thursday night Trivia, enjoy mocktails from Cat’s After Dark’s signature ABar, and attend Bear Down Bash Parties. For details about all upcoming events, follow @catsafterdarkua on Instagram or download the Stressbusters app!
Hang out with WEB
Wildcat Events Board (WEB) hosts events all year long! Join them for a concert, free food on the mall, and so much more! Follow WEB for updates about all of their events at @uofaweb.
Attend a UAZ Athletics Event
In the fall, meet your friends for a football game, cheer on the volleyball team, go to a soccer game, watch a gymnastics meet, and more!
Find your perfect quiet spot
Explore campus to find the Turtle Pond, Orange Grove near Maricopa dorm, the Slot Canyon Café, and the Unicorn statue. Indoors, enjoy views from the top floor of the Main Library, study in the bleachers at the Bear Down Building, and browse at the Center for Creative Photography.
Near Campus (no driving required!)
Hop on the SunLink Streetcar for free to explore 4th Avenue and Downtown Tucson! Streetcar rides are totally free through December 31st.
There are countless places to explore along the streetcar route, including:
- Go thrift shopping at Good Will, Tucson Thrift Shop, and Generation Cool.
- Explore Local shops like Antigone Books, Hurricane Records, and the Food Conspiracy Co-Op
- Find a restaurants for every taste: Bison Witches, Brooklyn Pizza Company and Lindy’s Diner
- Study, eat, and hang out at Scented Leaf on Congress, or Boxyard on 4th Ave
- Attend shows or perform with Tucson Improv Movement and Female* Story Tellers
Take a Hike
Tucson has a wide variety of hikes, ranging from nature walks to strenuous hikes. Some of our favorite spots for hikes include:
- Tummamoc Hill
- Sabino Canyon
- Saguaro National Park
- Romero Pools
- Madera Canyon
Be sure to check out the All Trails app for more details about routes and difficulty level for Tucson area hikes!
Take a Drive to a Tucson Specialty
If you’re looking to get Off Campus for some daytime entertainment and don’t mind a drive, check out these Tucson spots:
- Learn about one of the Tucson area’s greatest science experiments while wandering through forest, desert, ocean and rainforest biomes at Biosphere 2.
- Watch and interact with animals at:
- Desert Museum – Explore natural history of the Sonoran Desert and see the wildlife that lives here up close.
- Reid Park Zoo – Enjoy a more traditional Zoo experience
- Funny Foot Farm Petting Zoo – Featuring your petting zoo favorites like goats and chickens, plus exotic animals like emus, capybaras, and porcupines!
- Ostrich Ranch and Petting Zoo – Feed ostriches, sheep, stingrays, deer and more!
- Enjoy plant life and a relaxing walk at the Tucson Botanical Gardens
- Watch a sunset at A Mountain or Gates Pass
- Drive up to Mount Lemon for cooler temperatures, photo ops, hikes, and giant cookies at the Cookie Cabin!
- Find an oasis in the Desert at Augua Caliente Park.